We live in a connected world.
Whether you are chatting to loved ones overseas, or depending upon connected healthcare devices, reliable connectivity is essential and therefore we provide easy and borderless communication to all people and things.
At Comfone, we have 25 years of experience connecting people and things across the entire world. Our roaming services help billions of subscribers to stay connected when it really counts.
We are a Swiss company based in Bern with regional offices covering Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia Pacific. We are an international team with staff from 40 different nationalities speaking 32 languages.
In order to reinforce our IP team in Bern we are seeking an
IP Network Architect (m/f) 80-100%
To start work immediately or at a later date by agreement.
Our IP backbone, spanning over 11 data centres, is core to all services offered by Comfone. A team of senior engineers manage the implementation of new customers, troubleshooting, and operation of the network. The infrastructure is composed of 100 Gbps equipment and operates on MPLS.
Your main tasks
In this challenging position you will be responsible for the following areas:
- Design and lead the operation, expansion, and security of an IP network with 100+ nodes
- Management of data centres and systems in collaboration with the IT team
- Capacity management and Network Quality to provide five nine service availability
- Expert support for service troubleshooting and resolution of technical incidents
- 2nd level on-call duty service to internal and external parties
Your ideal profile
- CCIE level education/ know-how (e.g. Data Centre, Routing & Switching, Service Provider)
- Expertise in MPLS, BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, IPSec and overlay routing
- Experience in a similar role with a large IP network (e.g. ISPs)
- Experience with Cisco ASR/Nexus/ACI/ICE, Arista switches and Fortinet firewalls is a plus
- Knowledge of IPX/ GRX Mobile Network industry and related services is a plus
- Pro-active, communicative and accountable
- Good knowledge of the English language (written and oral). Extra languages are a plus
- Work at Comfone HQ in Bern, Switzerland
- The position is open to Swiss and EU nationals, and to holder of a valid Swiss work permit
- A friendly work environment with theme evenings, aperos, summer events, team event and more!
- A multi-cultural and multi-linguistic team with English as the corporate language
- Yearly international events with our clients from all over the world (ConneXion)
- Season tickets to local ice hockey games
- SBB half-fare abonnement
- Mobile phone subscription
- Company support for advanced education