Have you ever tried to use your phone abroad? Did it struggle to connect, or was the change seamless? Do you know how Smart Fridges work, how driverless cars run or how healthcare professionals can prescribe medication from afar? The impacts of roaming are far-reaching, especially in our increasingly connected world. Working for Comfone makes you part of this globally connected community. As a B2B company, we serve more than 600 customers across 200 countries and territories. Comfone is proud to be the only supplier in the market to offer all services required to establish international roaming between two mobile operators, encompassing Data and Financial Clearing, IPX Services, Big Data Management, Roaming Management and end-to-end solutions such as our M2M End2End Monetisation. But that’s not the only way that we are unique. We are a Swiss company based in Bern with regional offices covering Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia Pacific. We are an international team with staff from 40 different nationalities speaking 32 languages. Working for Comfone provides you with the opportunity to broaden your horizons in a fast-paced, dedicated, diverse and contemporary workplace.
Junior IP Network Engineer (m/f)
To start work immediately or at a later date by agreement.
We are reinforcing our operation’s team in Bern
Your main tasks
- Design and operate the development of the 100+ nodes IP network of Comfone
- Implement and operate MNOs access links to Comfone IPX, incl. planning, documentation, testing and technical support to Comfone customers and peering partners
- Management of nodes/links upgrade in coordination with transport suppliers
- Proactive monitoring and capacity management of the network to provide five nine service availability
- Service troubleshooting worldwide and resolution of technical incidents
- 2nd level on-call duty service to internal and external parties
- Education in one of the following areas: IT, Telecom
- Experience with configuration of Cisco routers and switches
- Solid understanding of the TCP/IP network stack
- Knowledge of BGP is desirable
- CCNA is a plus
- Dynamic, communicative and reliable personality
- Good knowledge of the English language (written and oral). Extra languages a plus
- The position is open to Swiss and EU nationals, and to holder of a valid Swiss work permit
Comfone will give you the opportunity to demonstrate flair and contribute ideas meanwhile supporting your personal and professional development. If you are looking for the opportunity to contribute your skills to vital and rewarding work in a successful and growing company, we invite you to learn more about this exciting job.