Have you ever tried to use your phone abroad? Did it struggle to connect, or was the change seamless? Do you know how Smart Fridges work, how driverless cars run or how healthcare professionals can prescribe medication from afar?
The impacts of roaming are far-reaching, especially in our increasingly connected world.
Working for Comfone makes you part of this globally connected community. As a B2B company, we serve more than 600 customers across 200 countries and territories.
Comfone is proud to be the only supplier in the market to offer all services required to establish international roaming between two mobile operators, encompassing Data and Financial Clearing, IPX Services, Big Data Management, Roaming Management and end-to-end solutions such as our M2M End2End Monetisation.
But that’s not the only way that we are unique. We are a Swiss company based in Bern with regional offices covering Europe, Latin America, North America and Asia Pacific. We are an international team with staff from 40 different nationalities speaking 32 languages.
System Engineer 80-100%
To start work immediately or at a later date by agreement.
Working for Comfone provides you with the opportunity to broaden your horizons in a fast-paced, dedicated, diverse and contemporary workplace. Comfone services are hosted in a private cloud composed of 12 international data centres, and steady innovation and continuous expansion of our global customer base of over 600 companies is at the forefront of the company strategy.
As a proven IT specialist, you are interested in ensuring the efficient and high quality operations of our modern IT infrastructure.
Together with your colleagues, you are responsible for the operation and the enhancement of production, testing and development environments.
You enjoy resolving IT issues in close cooperation with software developers and network teams. You contribute to the team support with 2nd level on-call service.
You strive to automate IT processes and systems and operate our infrastructure with high quality and precision.
You follow the IT evolution and propose new solutions for Comfone. You have a broad knowledge of a wide range of systems, including Linux & Windows operating systems, VMWare, NetApp, Cisco UCS, Oracle DB, MongoDB, MS SQL. You enjoy working together with a highly motivated team.
- A broad knowledge and experience in Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, RHEL) and the centralized management of such systems
- Experience in Container Technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, aso.)
- Experience and interest in automation and orchestration (Gitlab, Foreman, Ansible/AWX).
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Scripting (Unix Shell / PowerShell), Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana, Oracle, MariaDB, MongoDB, NetApp, virtualization (VMWare)
- Experience with Webservers LAMP, Loadbalancers (HAProxy) and Logging (Graylog/ELK Stack) will be a benefit.
We are looking for an interesting, self-motivated individual with the following attributes:
- A team-player with a creative and open personality who is proactive and solution-oriented
- Happy to work independently in an efficient and dynamic organization where you make a difference
- Willingness to learn about new fields and to manage new applications/systems
- Good knowledge of the English and German language
- Swiss or EU/EFTA citizen (with a working permit B or C.
We will provide an exciting challenge in the growing telecom market. With colleagues from over 42 nationalities speaking 30 languages, Comfone is a truly international environment. We operate a cutting edge ICT infrastructure. As a committed and proactive personality, you can be a formative part in the future of our dynamic and successful company.