Working for Comfone provides you with the opportunity to broaden your horizons through gaining experience in a global market, surrounding yourself in an international work environment and furthering your experience in a contemporary workplace.
With over 22 years of experience in the telecom industry providing mobile roaming services, Comfone has achieved significant success. Through organic, steady growth, Comfone continues to expand the global customer base year after year. To learn more about the company, please check the website www.comfone.com
Senior Linux System Engineer
To start work immediately or at a later date by agreement.
As a proven IT specialist, you are interested in ensuring the efficient and high quality operation of our modern IT infrastructure. Together with your colleagues, you are responsible for the operation and the enhancement of production, testing and development environments. You work on resolving IT issues in close cooperation with software developers and network teams. You contribute to the team support with 2nd level on-call service. You strive to automate IT processes and systems and operate our infrastructure with high quality. You follow the IT evolution and propose new solutions for Comfone.
Together with a highly motivated team, you will manage a wide range of systems including Linux & Windows operating systems, VMWare, NetApp, Cisco UCS & HyperFlex, Oracle DB, MongoDB, MS SQL.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in IT with several years of experience as a system engineer
- A broad knowledge and experience in Linux (CentOS, RHEL) and the centralized management of such systems
- Experience in Container Technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, aso.)
- Experience and interest in automation and orchestration (Gitlab, Foreman, Ansible/AWX)
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Scripting (Unix Shell / PowerShell), Nagios, Oracle, MariaDB, MongoDB, NetApp, HyperFlex, virtualization (VMWare)
- Experience with Webservers LAMP, Loadbalancers (HAProxy) and Logging (Graylog/ELK Stack) will be a benefit.
We are looking for an interesting, self-motivated individual with the following attributes:
- A team-oriented, creative and open personality who is proactive and solution-oriented
- Happy to work independently in an efficient and dynamic organization where you make a difference
- Willingness to learn about new fields and to manage new applications/systems
- Good knowledge of the English and German language
- Swiss or EU/EFTA citizen (with a working permit B or C)
We will provide an exciting challenge in the growing telecom market. We operate a cutting edge ICT infrastructure in eight international data centres. As a committed and proactive personality, you can be a formative part in the future of our dynamic and successful company.