Doing the right thing. We are active in Switzerland and 20 countries on four continents. Join us with a commitment to help us bring about a more caring society, as
Proposal Writer / Project Elaboration Support for the Development of an Income Project in South Sudan
Caritas Switzerland (CACH) has been working in Eastern Equatoria State in South Sudan since the early 1970`s. The South Sudan program now plans to engage in a 2-year 2 Mio Income project which shall start early 2023. For this, a project proposal has to be developed and submitted internally until the end of January 2023. The project should incorporate the MSD approach as well as new innovative approaches; project area should be either Yei and/or Torit County with implementation via national/local partner organizations. For the elaboration of the project proposal, we are looking for an expert with strong experience in Business Development, Skills Development/TVET, Value Chain Development and/or MSD. The consultant should ideally travel to South Sudan for a first visit before end of 2022. A home return for Christmas is possible. In total the consultancy shall be between 4 and 7 weeks.
The consultant shall fulfil the following specific tasks:
- Travel to South Sudan, Yei and/or Torit, to collect information, assess the needs as well as to coordinate with potential implementing partners and relevant stakeholders in order to lead the proposal writing process in cooperation with the CACH Country Director in South Sudan and CACH HO.
- Lead the project conceptualization including Intervention Design and Intervention Logic
- Identify project areas and local partners for project implementation
- Compilation of technical and operational feedback provided by CACH`s technical staff and local partner; coordination with technical experts and staff of CACH to include CACH-specific approaches and methods into the proposal
- Preparation and facilitation of participative and consultative preparation workshops / meetings (in person as well as online) with CACH technical staff, local partners and possibly other project stakeholders as needed
- Responsibility of the writing of a well-articulated, coherent and technically sound full project proposal in compliance with agreed upon guidelines and the specifications of the Project Proposal template
The Consultant must meet the following requirements:
- Advanced degree in a relevant field (Rural Development, Business, Development Studies, Economics or related field)
- Proven experience in market systems development (MSD), Value Chain Development, business development, skills development/TVET, etc., preferably in South Sudan or Eastern Africa
- At least 5 years professional working experience in the field and/or in the area of international cooperation / development
- Proven experience in proposal writing and excellent writing skills
- Proven experience of cooperating with people from different cultures; Sensitivity for political, social, intercultural and security issues
- Analytical thinking, down-to earth practices and openness for innovative solutions
- Fluency in English
- Experiences / knowledge of working in fragile contexts and flexibility to cope with operational challenges and the needs of the consultancy
Starting date: As soon as possible
Contract duration: Until 31st January 2023
Place of work: The first part of the consultancy shall take place in South Sudan, namely in Yei County in Central Equatoria and/ or Torit County in Eastern Equatoria State. The travel to South Sudan is foreseen for asap (ca. 2-4 weeks of field work, including travel days). Travel to the area will be organised by the CACH office in Torit (South Sudan). The proposal writing part can take place remotely.
Interested applicants shall submit their technical and financial proposal until November 30th, 2022 per email to the Caritas Switzerland Programme Director Pamela Stathakis (pstathakis(a)caritas.ch) and the Caritas Switzerland Programme Officer Rahel Künzle (rkuenzle(a)caritas.ch).
Due to the tight timeline, applications are screened and application interviews conducted on a rolling basis.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to receiving your job application.
Caritas Switzerland, Adligenswilerstrasse 15, 6002 Lucerne