Doing the right thing. We are active in Switzerland and 20 countries on four continents. Join us with a commitment to help us bring about a more caring society, as
Monitoring and evaluation coordinator (100%)
Caritas Switzerland is operational in MENA region covering Syria, Lebanon and Jordan with its regional office in Beirut. We are mostly implementing through local partners and committed to support local partners by having strategic partnership that includes supporting each other’s and complement our work. As part of the support and need Caritas Switzerland is to establish and implement M&E systems that will enable improvement of internal management, program/project performance, learning and evidence-based decision making. Within this context, the M+E Coordinator will provide technical support to Syria, Lebanon and Jordan Country Mission pertaining to M+E. S/he will build capacity in the country mission and local partners by identifying and supporting the implementation of effective, cost efficient, and meaningful M&E systems.
1. Generic functions
- Coordinate and contribute to the development and implementation of M&E systems, including M&E SOPs, guidelines and tools.
- Participate in program design and proposal discussions, including theory of change development, log frame design and budgeting for M&E.
- Provide technical support to program in planning for and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use and ensure quality control of all monitoring activities throughout the project cycle.
- Support the implementation, dissemination and use of evaluations, assessments and monitoring data in program development, adjustment or review.
- Contribute to program learning through supporting specific analysis, documentation of lessons learned and development of reports.
- Strengthen capacities of program and M&E staff of Caritas Switzerland and local partners on M&E technical and conceptual areas.
- Contribute to the design of organization’s M&E staffing structure and resourcing, including collaboration with partners and Consortium members to identify and plan for M&E needs.
- Design and lead an M&E system encompassing the overall program of the country, including design/revision of the country offices M+E strategies, building staff structure and allocating resources for strengthening M&E and other guiding frameworks and tools ensuring they are in line with relevant global approaches, standards and procedures.
- Develop an overall M&E framework and policy to institutionalize the M&E in the country
- Participate in program design and proposal discussions, including support on theory of change development, log frame design, and budgeting for M&E
- Support and contribute to the development of a data management system through documentation, implementation and coordination of standardized information flow of M&E activities and reporting
- Introducing and ensuring the complaint mechanism is in place and effective implementation of system understood among the field team.
3. Program Support
- Support the Program Development and Grants Manager in advocating for M+E support from donors, partners, and CO staff to ensure M+E remains a high priority in the country program
- Providing inputs to program managers during planning for standardizing M+E across projects
- Developing data collection methodology and tools to support program in need assessment and evaluation of the ongoing projects.
- Develop both qualitative and quantitative data collection tools and it roll out in field for gauging the effectiveness of the program interventions.
- Provide inputs to program for comprehensive knowledge management including output tracking, short term impact assessment, documenting case studies, human interest stories as lesson learned and sharing with all the concern for incorporating it in future designs.
- Ensure that beneficiary accountability mechanisms is in place and strengthening of feedback mechanisms including through appropriately structure dissemination of M&E findings both internally (Management) and externally (Beneficiaries)
- Providing inputs during project design and budgeting regarding allocation of resources for M&E, recruitment of M&E and related staff and capacity building of the M&E team both technical and for the overall Project Cycle Management.
- Support internal improvement processes (Macro Log Frames etc.) according to need - (Archiving) Ensuring systems are in place and utilized for safeguarding of documents on the physical and digital archives including supporting in the transition towards share point and keeping in view the data confidentiality.
- Plan, develop and implement capacity building of M+E staff and focal points on country office and field office level.
- Serve as primary contact for M&E related issues and other support efforts to enhance agency M+E systems and standards
- Communicate and build the M&E capacity of organization’s implementing partners on the same line for effective implementation.
- Collaborate with staff (and implementing partners) on qualitative monitoring to provide relevant information for ongoing evaluation of project activities, effects and impacts.
- Coordinate with M+E focal points in the regional office and other country missions in developing best practices and sharing lessons learned
- Support the Programme Department in new initiatives, should these arise during the employment period
- Other activities agreed and discussed with the Program Director
1. Professional competencies
- At least 5 years’ experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, including M+E capacity and systems development
- Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management, learning and decision making
- Experience in facilitating the capacity building efforts of diverse colleagues, including local partner agencies
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access) - Experience with digital data gathering will be an added advantage
- Master degree in directly related field, such as; Development Economics, Statistics, M&E, Social Sciences etc
- Significant work experience in directly related field will be an advantage
- Political and cultural awareness of Middle east and esp. Syria Crisis
- Arabic will be an advantage