Doing the right thing. We are active in Switzerland and 20 countries on four continents. Join us with a commitment to help us bring about a more caring society, as
Lebanon Programme Coordinator Education
The Syria crisis has disrupted the lives of millions of Syrians. Since 2012, Caritas Switzerland (CACH) has responded to the Crisis by engaging in relief activities, including education, together with partners. In the region, CACH is currently supporting projects for Syrian’s and vulnerable host communities in response to the Crisis across Lebanon and Syria.
Under the guidance of the Director Syria Crisis Response, the Programme Coordinator Education (PCE) is based in Beirut, Lebanon, and tasked to lead the implementation of an education project in Lebanon to validate a teacher traininag model in close coordination with the competent Lebanese authorities for primary and secondary education. The PCE will supervise the implementation of all relevant tasks related to the education programme and in particular its further development and expansion in Lebanon. Tasks include close coordination with the Ministry of Education and Higher Educations, relevant school authorities, implementing partners, donor organizations and other stakeholders, reporting, knowledge management and other related duties. The PCE will line manage the Lebanon Programme Officer Education (POE) based in Beirut.
Project Set-Up and Implementation
- Lead the consortium of education projects in Lebanon.
- Ensure with the support of the POE timely and accurate implementation of project activities, ensuring outcomes and outputs are reached as defined by logframes.
- Provide problem-solving solutions and actions in collaboration with implementing partner(s) and consortium partners where needed.
- Define with the support of the POE and in coordination with the consortia regular activity-based work plans.
- Ensure the quality of implemented activities and the adherence CACH standards
- Supervise the facilitation/coordination of the implementation activities.
- Carry out other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
- Coordinate with an academic technical partner the development of a methodological and evidenced based validation of a teacher training programme.
- Supervise the POE in monitoring project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving project outcomes and outputs, and provide structured feedback for internal and external stakeholders.
- Supervise the POE and the technical partner in providing local partner(s) in the collection, compilation and analysis of relevant high-quality data.
- Supervise the POE in supporting local partner(s) to compile timely internal reports for assigned projects in line with donor requirements and internal CACH regulations and in accordance with set reporting schedules; assure the submission of the reports specified in the reporting schedule.
- Consult the partner to provide necessary training to local staff and implementing partners on M&E and related tools and templates.
- Supervise the preparation of M&E plans and assist with the support of the POE local implementing partners in setting up M&E structures.
- Support partner in developing impact and progress measurements.
- Supervise facilitation/coordination of programme evaluation(s).
- Carry out other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Coordination and Partnership Management
- Represent CACH in the education consortia as consortium lead, as well as vis-à-vis donors, the Caritas Network, partners, authorities and institutions and coordination platforms in the Education sector according to the DSCR’s instructions.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with partners and keep the DSCR informed of all education sector partnership developments in Lebanon.
- Ensuring that all planned activities in the education sector in Lebanon are coordinated within national and international/UN coordination bodies.
- Attend coordination meetings in Lebanon as required and provide updates on CACH projects to the various working groups.
Supervise the logistical and administrative tasks performed by the POE in the country including small purchases, reservations, preparations for visitors, and other related tasks.
Competencies and Qualifications
University degree in Humanitarian or Development Studies, International Relations, Business Administration, Social Work, Education or a related field.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a similar position preferably in Lebanon.
- Prior experience in the education sector, notably in education in emergencies.
- Strong coordination skills with Lebanese public authorities and donor organizations
- Profound knowledge of the public education context in Lebanon
- Experience in data analysis and evidenced based validation of methodologies.
Skills and Competencies
- Highly organized, good capacity of analysis and synthesis, and attention to coherence and detail. Strong inter-personal skills, patience and persistence, if required.
- Strong motivation to work in close partnership with national partners
- Proven ICT skills,
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Strong writing/reporting skills
- Sound understanding of humanitarian standards
- Solid communication and presentation skills, especially in writing.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and to cope with time pressure
- Sound experience with modern technology, modern management tools
Language and Other Requirements
- Excellent written and spoken Arabic, French, and English are required.
Duty Station: Beirut/Lebanon Travel: Occasional travel in Syria
Expected Start Date: 01.08.2021
Duration: 6 months (temporary maternity replacement)
Expected Workload: Full time
Supervisor / Reports to: Director Syria Crisis Response (DSCR)
For further information please contact: Ms Rehana Zawar Ali, email@example.com, Director Syria Crisis Response
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to receiving your job application by
27 June 2021 latest through our web portal.
Caritas Switzerland, Adligenswilerstrasse 15, CH-6002 Lucerne