Senior Scientist Structural Proteomics R&D, 100%
At Biognosys, we believe that deep proteome insights hold the key to breakthrough discoveries that transform science for better lives. With our versatile portfolio of next-generation proteomics solutions, including the TrueDiscovery™, TrueTarget™, and TrueSignature™ research service platforms, our flagship software Spectronaut®, and the PQ500™ kit, we make the proteome actionable to empower research, drug development, and clinical decision-making. Our solutions provide a multi-dimensional view of protein expression, function, and structure in all biological species and sample types. Our unique, patented technologies utilize high-resolution mass spectrometry to quantify thousands of proteins with industry-leading precision, depth, and throughput. Through our strategic partnership with Bruker (Nasdaq: BRKR), we make proteomics globally accessible.
You will be responsible to perform projects for our proteomics research and development department. You will develop innovative structural proteomics solutions based on limited proteolysis. This is done in close interaction with the bioinformatics as well as the contract research team. You will develop automation for sample preparation and script new data analysis strategies. Further, you will take over responsibilities in our state-of-the-art LC-MS facility equipped with the most recent generation of high-end instruments. You will help to improve the proteomics solutions of Biognosys and contribute to the newest development in proteomics field.
- Development of novel, automated (structural) proteomics workflows
- Analysis of multidimensional proteomic data in R/python
- Contribution to and collaboration with the R&D team
- Planning, execution, supervision and reporting of scientific work
- Presentation of scientific work on conferences and via webinars and publications
- Diligent, independent, and responsible working style
- Interaction and collaboration with the bioinformatics and contract research departments
- Supervision of interns
- Education and good experience in proteomics, mass spectrometry, biochemistry or similar (M.Sc. or PhD)
- Scripting and coding capabilities in R and/or Python
- Experience with protein folding/structures
- Industry experience is a plus
- Wish to work in an interdisciplinary environment, exchange knowledge and work in a team
- Autonomous and responsible working style
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
WORKING AT BIOGNOSYS
We offer a dynamic work atmosphere in a young and motivated team. You will profit from an open and flexible company structure where personal initiative is appreciated and encouraged. Biognosys is a fast-growing and internationally acting company that offers you the opportunity to grow together with us in a rapidly emerging and innovative market.