(Senior) System Engineer, 100%
At Biognosys, we believe that deep proteome insights hold the key to breakthrough discoveries that transform science for better lives. With our versatile portfolio of next-generation proteomics solutions, including the TrueDiscovery™, TrueTarget™, and TrueSignature™ research service platforms, our flagship software Spectronaut®, and the PQ500™ kit, we make the proteome actionable to empower research, drug development, and clinical decision-making. Our solutions provide a multi-dimensional view of protein expression, function, and structure in all biological species and sample types. Our unique, patented technologies utilize high-resolution mass spectrometry to quantify thousands of proteins with industry-leading precision, depth, and throughput. Through our strategic partnership with Bruker (Nasdaq: BRKR), we make proteomics globally accessible.
Biognosys is pioneering the field of personalized medicine using proteomics with “big data” approaches. This includes opportunities and challenges regarding storage growth and computational performance. Recently, Biognosys became a part of Bruker Corporation, which requires us to implement and integrate new IT solutions and services in the Biognosys environment. We are looking for a (Senior) System Engineer who will be part of our IT team.
- Responsibility for the operation, maintenance, and continuous development of IT systems
- Ensuring a stable operation and bug fixing of cloud services, server and storage infrastructure, backup & archive solutions, user profiles, monitoring and alert systems, network infrastructure and remote access and security technologies
- Supporting users on 2nd and 3rd level
- Creating system specifications and technical implementations, perform a configuration changes and implementation of automation measures in IT infrastructure
- Implementation of assigned IT projects
- Proper maintenance and management of support technologies of IT rooms (UPS, temp. monitoring, etc.)
- Cooperation with IT suppliers to ensure the delivery of contracted services
- Participating in IT-related audits, certification, and compliance activities e.g. GxP, GDPR, information systems security, etc.
- Education in IT, computer science, or similar. Ideally Bachelor or Master but not mandatory
- At least 2 years of experience as 3rd level support engineer in a similar position
- Knowledge of hardware, storage solutions, and network components
- Information Systems Security knowledge – CISSP certification welcome
- Experience with: ITIL processes and ITSM tool(s), Microsoft 365, Azure, Active Directory and GPO’s, Microsoft Exchange, Powershell Scripting and clustering and Hyper-V virtualization
- Basic Linux knowledge
- Service-oriented, accurate, proactive & flexible
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English language. German is welcome but not mandatory.
WORKING AT BIOGNOSYS
We offer a dynamic work atmosphere in a young and motivated team. You will profit from an open and flexible company structure where personal initiative is appreciated and encouraged. Biognosys is backed by strong investors and offers the opportunity to grow with the company in a promising and innovative market.