Research Assistant Discovery Proteomics, 80-100%
At Biognosys, we believe that deep proteome insights hold the key to breakthrough discoveries that transform science for better lives. With our versatile portfolio of next-generation proteomics solutions, including the TrueDiscovery™, TrueTarget™, and TrueSignature™ research service platforms, our flagship software Spectronaut®, and the PQ500™ kit, we make the proteome actionable to empower research, drug development, and clinical decision-making. Our solutions provide a multi-dimensional view of protein expression, function, and structure in all biological species and sample types. Our unique, patented technologies utilize high-resolution mass spectrometry to quantify thousands of proteins with industry-leading precision, depth, and throughput. Through our strategic partnership with Bruker (Nasdaq: BRKR), we make proteomics globally accessible.
Biognosys’ contract research service offers mass spectrometry-based proteomics for unbiased exploration of the proteome across a variety of sample types and applications, from early drug discovery to clinical trials. We are looking for a motivated Research Assistant to join our Discovery Proteomics Unit. This is a laboratory-based position, in which the candidate will focus on customer sample preparation and HPLC-MS/MS data acquisition. The candidate will perform activities in compliance with GCP/GLP requirements where required.
- Overview of customer samples throughout their life cycle: sample receipt, storage and tracking, manual and automated sample preparation, including enrichment methods, liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LC-MS) data acquisition, and quality control of generated data following Biognosys’ standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Management, maintenance and evaluation of laboratory equipment, ensuring its’ operations at the highest performance
- Documentation of all performed activities in lab notebooks and ELNs
- Contribute to improvement of sample preparation methods and SOP, customer report and method writing
- Performing and documenting of activities according to GCP/GLP requirements where applicable
- You have completed an apprenticeship as a laboratory technician or higher education (BSc or MSc.), preferably analytical direction (pharmacy, analytical or biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology)
- You have completed at least one semester of a biochemistry course, and have basic understanding of amino acids, peptides, proteins and protein complexes
- You have 1-3 years laboratory experience handling biological samples such as cell lysates or patient samples, either from academia, healthcare or biotech/pharma
- You have Previous experience in working with chromatographic (LC or GC) systems or mass spectrometers is an advantage
- You have solid computer skills including MS Office
- You are well organized, independent and reliable, while still being a team player
- You have excellent documentation skills and understand the importance of timely chronicling
- You have very good knowledge of written and spoken English
WORKING AT BIOGNOSYS
We offer a dynamic work atmosphere in a young and motivated team. You will profit from an open and flexible company structure where personal initiative is appreciated and encouraged. Biognosys is a fast-growing and internationally acting company that offers you the opportunity to grow together with us in a rapidly emerging and innovative market.