Business Development Manager, DACH, 100%
At Biognosys, we believe that deep proteome insights hold the key to breakthrough discoveries that can dramatically improve human health. We enable life science researchers and drug hunters to look at the proteome from every angle with our versatile portfolio of proprietary next-generation proteomics services, software, and kits, including the TrueDiscovery™, TrueTarget™, and TrueSignature™ platforms and flagship software Spectronaut™. These solutions provide a multi-dimensional view of protein expression, function, and structure in all biological species and sample types. Biognosys’ unique, patented technologies utilize high-resolution mass spectrometry to quantify thousands of proteins across thousands of samples with industry-leading precision, depth, and throughput. Through advanced data analytics, Biognosys translates data into actionable insights for R&D and clinical research.
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, self-motivated, and people-oriented individual to join our rapidly growing EU & Asia commercial team. The role of Business Development Manager will be responsible for leading the development of Biognosys’ sales in the DACH region focusing on identifying new accounts and expend the existing customers base across Biognosys portfolio of proteomics services. This position requires significant levels of sales proficiency, account management, technical knowledge, and domain expertise, along with Omics and precision medicine specific experience. Ideal candidate will be viewed as a subject matter expert in the field and will have an indirect leadership role in regularly collaborating with our scientific leadership team, marketing team and key functional areas. This role will be based in the DACH region.
- Devise business plan to achieve regional targets
- Map out key accounts and create strategic plans for growth
- Increase customer base through prospecting efforts, departmental/institutional presentations, roadshows, scientific conferences, and other endeavors
- Develop case studies to present at scientific meetings/conferences in collaboration with Biognosys’ team of scientists and external strategic collaborators
- Consult clients on study designs and capture research plans and objectives in project proposals
- Keep updated client and opportunity information in the Customer Relationship Management database
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and market trends and communicate changes to internal Biognosys teams
- University Degree in life sciences, molecular biology, pharmacology, biochemistry, or related fields
- Min. 3 years of commercial experience in research or clinical services, diagnostics or relevant field is a requirement
- Willingness to travel frequently for customer visits and conferences, with some travel to Biognosys headquarters in Zurich
- Strong interest in connecting scientific information with a business approach
- Strong ability to identify customer needs and present solutions
- Independent, responsible, and accurate working style
- Ability to work collaboratively within a dynamic team
- Excellent verbal and written communication, strong presentation, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal (teamwork-oriented) skills
- Fluent in German and English
WORKING AT BIOGNOSYS
We offer a dynamic work atmosphere in a young and motivated team. You will profit from an open and flexible company structure where personal initiative is appreciated and encouraged. Biognosys is a fast-growing and internationally acting company that offers you the opportunity to grow together with us in a rapidly emerging and innovative market.