Business Development Manager, US (100% Remote)
At Biognosys, we believe that deep proteome insights hold the key to breakthrough discoveries that can dramatically improve human health. We enable life science researchers and drug hunters to look at the proteome from every angle with our versatile portfolio of proprietary next-generation proteomics services, software, and kits, including the TrueDiscovery™, TrueTarget™, and TrueSignature™ platforms and flagship software Spectronaut™. These solutions provide a multi-dimensional view of protein expression, function, and structure in all biological species and sample types. Biognosys’ unique, patented technologies utilize high-resolution mass spectrometry to quantify thousands of proteins across thousands of samples with industry-leading precision, depth, and throughput. Through advanced data analytics, Biognosys translates data into actionable insights for R&D and clinical research.
Biognosys provides services to customers with a strong scientific background in diverse fields of the life sciences. We offer solutions that are tailored to specific customer needs. You will be a part of the services business with a focus on expanding work into established pharama and biotech accounts as well as developing new business opportunities in the mid-atlantic and south-east regions. You will be able to combine your experience in drug discovery and commercial sales to propose solutions for customers to advance their drug development pipelines while supporting the broader proteomics knowledge base.
- Devise business plan to achieve regional targets revolving around Biognosys’ three main service offerings, TrueDiscovery, TrueSignature, and TrueTarget
- Map out key pharma, biotech, and academic accounts and create strategic plans for growth between therapeutic areas and in support of all phases of the drug development pipeline
- Increase customer base through prospecting efforts, departmental/institutional presentations, roadshows, scientific conferences, and other endeavors
- Consult clients on study designs and capture research plans and objectives in project proposals, align with the scientific director and project management teams at Biognosys to successfully execute on project design, sample submission, and reporting
- Keep updated client and opportunity information in the Customer Relationship Management database
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and market trends and communicate changes to internal Biognosys teams
- University Degree in life sciences, molecular biology, pharmacology, biochemistry or related fields
- Commercial experience in research or clinical services, diagnostics or relevant field is a requirement
- Experience in drug discovery markets and knowledge of the drug development pipeline
- Experience in proteomics or general ‘omics from a sales or technical perspective
- Willingness to travel frequently for customer visits and conferences, with some travel to Biognosys’ headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland
- Strong interest in connecting scientific information with a business approach
- Strong ability to identify customer needs and present solutions
- Independent, responsible, and accurate working style
- Ability to work collaboratively within a dynamic team
- Excellent verbal and written communication, strong presentation, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal (teamwork-oriented) skills
WORKING AT BIOGNOSYS
We offer a dynamic work atmosphere in a young and motivated team. You will profit from an open and flexible company structure where personal initiative is appreciated and encouraged. Biognosys is backed by strong investors and offers the opportunity to grow together with the company in a promising and innovative market.