Bioinformatics Scientist, 100%
At Biognosys, we believe that deep proteome insights hold the key to breakthrough discoveries that can dramatically improve human health. We enable life science researchers and drug hunters to look at the proteome from every angle with our versatile portfolio of proprietary next-generation proteomics services, software, and kits, including the TrueDiscovery™, TrueTarget™, and TrueSignature™ platforms and flagship software Spectronaut™. These solutions provide a multi-dimensional view of protein expression, function, and structure in all biological species and sample types. Biognosys’ unique, patented technologies utilize high-resolution mass spectrometry to quantify thousands of proteins across thousands of samples with industry-leading precision, depth, and throughput. Through advanced data analytics, Biognosys translates data into actionable insights for R&D and clinical research.
As a Bioinformatics Scientist, you will make direct contributions to the development of our cutting edge software for analysis of mass-spectrometry based proteomics data. As part of the role, you will closely collaborate with experts in the field to push the boundaries of what is possible and present at international conferences. You will have an opportunity to work on a variety of different challenges including data science, algorithm development, deep learning, and novel workflows in the analysis of proteomics data. Finding solutions to technically challenging problems will be an integral part of your work experience. As part of the larger multi-disciplinary R&D team at Biognosys, your position will challenge you with both independent and team-oriented work.
- Develop and implement novel algorithms for analysis for proteomics data
- Analyze experimental data to generate actionable insights
- Help build machine learning models in collaboration with AI experts
- Communicate your progress to both internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to our growing intellectual property portfolio with novel ideas
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or related field
- Experience working with mass spectrometry data in proteomics
- Experience working with R or Python for data analysis
- Enjoy translating a problem into an algorithm and design
- Object oriented programming experience is a big plus (C#, Java, etc.)
- Comfortable with reading scientific publications to gain expertise
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Fluent in English. German is a plus but not required
WORKING AT BIOGNOSYS
We offer a dynamic work atmosphere in a young and motivated team. You will profit from an open and flexible company structure where personal initiative is appreciated and encouraged. Biognosys is a fast-growing and internationally acting company that offers you the opportunity to grow together with us in a rapidly emerging and innovative market.