Business Development Manager, UK (Home-based), 100%
Biognosys is a leader in next-generation proteomics, dedicated to transforming life science by inventing and developing cutting-edge proteomics technology and solutions, and making them widely available for pharmaceutical and biotechnology researchers, and proteomics experts. The company offers a versatile portfolio of proprietary proteomics services, software, and kits that provide a multi-dimensional view of protein expression, function, and structure in all major biological species and sample types. Biognosys’ unique, patented technologies utilize high-resolution mass spectrometry for the quantification of thousands of proteins across thousands of samples with industry-leading precision, depth, and throughput. Through advanced data analytics, Biognosys translates data into actionable insights for R&D and clinical research.
Biognosys provides services and products to customers with strong scientific background in diverse fields of the life sciences. We offer solutions that are tailored to specific customer needs from early R&D to late clinical stages of the drug development pipeline. The sales process therefore requires a significant amount of technical consulting, a competent needs-based dialogue, and the ability to cultivate long-term, trusting relationships with clients.
- Devise business plan to achieve regional targets
- Map out key accounts and create strategic plans for growth
- Increase customer base through prospecting efforts, departmental/institutional presentations, roadshows, scientific conferences, and other endeavors
- Develop case studies to present at scientific meetings/conferences in collaboration with Biognosys’ team of scientists and external strategic collaborators
- Consult clients on study designs and capture research plans and objectives in project proposals
- Keep updated client and opportunity information in the Customer Relationship Management database
- Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and market trends and communicate changes to internal Biognosys teams
- University Degree in life sciences, molecular biology, pharmacology, biochemistry or related fields
- Commercial experience in research or clinical services, diagnostics or relevant field is a requirement
- Willingness to travel frequently for customer visits and conferences, with some travel to Biognosys headquarters in Zurich
- Strong interest in connecting scientific information with a business approach
- Strong ability to identify customer needs and present solutions
- Independent, responsible and accurate working style
- Ability to work collaboratively within a dynamic team
- Excellent verbal and written communication, strong presentation, analytical, organizational and interpersonal (teamwork oriented) skills
WORKING AT BIOGNOSYS
We offer a dynamic work atmosphere in a young and motivated team. You will profit from an open and flexible company structure where personal initiative is appreciated and encouraged. Biognosys is a fast-growing and internationally acting company that offers you the opportunity to grow together with us in a rapidly emerging and innovative market.