Senior Bioinformatics Scientist Proteomics, 100%
Biognosys is a leader in next-generation proteomics, dedicated to transforming life science by inventing and developing cutting-edge proteomics technology and solutions, and making them widely available for pharmaceutical and biotechnology researchers, and proteomics experts. The company offers a versatile portfolio of proprietary proteomics services, software, and kits that provide a multi-dimensional view of protein expression, function, and structure in all major biological species and sample types. Biognosys’ unique, patented technologies utilize high-resolution mass spectrometry for the quantification of thousands of proteins across thousands of samples with industry-leading precision, depth, and throughput. Through advanced data analytics, Biognosys translates data into actionable insights for R&D and clinical research.
Biognosys’ service offerings include DIA-based discovery proteomics, targeted proteomics, and drug target deconvolution. These technologies are applied in contract research projects for pharma and biotechnology companies. Your responsibility is to develop and maintain post-analysis and visualization tools used to extract biological insight from proteomics data. You perform customized data analysis, multi-omics integration, and biological interpretation in the scope of selected contract research projects. You drive and support development of strategies and tools improve flow from raw mass spectrometric data to customer reports.
- Develop and maintain quality control, post-analysis, visualization, and biological interpretation tools for contract research projects
- Support project teams in analysis and biological interpretation of large scale proteomics data sets
- Perform customized data analysis (i.e. multi-omics integration) and write reports
- Participate in customer meetings, explain the results of your analysis and give advice on experimental design
- PhD with 3 - 5 years of industry or relevant experience, or MS with 5 - 7 years of relevant experience with strong expertise in data science and visual analytics is required
- Expert knowledge of R/R-Shiny is required, experience with Python, MySQL and HTTP is a plus
- Good understanding of relevant statistical methods (i.e. parametric and non-parametric testing, multiple hypothesis correction, batch effect correction) is required
- Experience in the analysis of proteomics data is a plus
- Familiarity with modern version control systems such as Git required
- Knowledge with modern DevOps and software engineering practices is a plus
- Dynamic personality with very good communication skills and passion for innovation and problem-solving
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English
WORKING AT BIOGNOSYS
We offer a dynamic work atmosphere in a young and motivated team. You will profit from an open and flexible company structure where personal initiative is appreciated and encouraged. Biognosys is a fast-growing and internationally acting company that offers you the opportunity to grow together with us in a rapidly emerging and innovative market.